EMR ERX Electronic Prescriptions
Electronic Prescriptions Made Easy
E-prescribing is a simple electronic way to generate prescriptions to participating pharmacies. Electronic prescriptions vastly reduce medication errors and simplify prescribing. Within seconds, providers can see a patient’s current medications, allergies and potential drug interactions or complications. With the e-RX feature, pain management specialists can then prescribe multiple prescriptions simultaneously to an auto-populated list of local pharmacies.
- Maintain medication history in one place
- Integration with drug education
- Create templates for frequently-used prescriptions
- Send prescriptions by print, fax or e-prescribe
- Reduces handwriting illegibility, decreasing error and liability risk.
- Warning and alert systems perform checks against patient’s current medication and medical history and alert provider of potential errors.
- Greatly reduces time spent on pharmacy phone calls and call-backs
- Streamlines refill requests and authorization process.
- Increases patient prescription compliance.
- Providers can write or authorize prescriptions anytime from anywhere.
- Improves reporting. Organizations can locate all patients involved in a drug recall or record the frequency a provider prescribes a certain drug.